Friday, October 10, 2014

Pumpkin Babies 2014



So, technically, they aren't babies anymore, but I just can't resist calling them babies now and then.  It's a grandmother's prerogative to do so. 

When our children were young I resisted establishing traditions but I've since come to understand that there is a sense of belonging, groundedness, that can come from simple traditions if they are done with a spirit of gratitude.  So we decided that one tradition we want to establish with our grandchildren is taking a trip to the pumpkin patch each October.  You can see our visits in 2012 HERE and 2013 HERE.

Levi and Liam had already been to the pumpkin patch this year with their Mommy and Daddy but as my daughter-in-law said, when we asked if they were free to go with us...

"Everything is more fun with Grandma and Grandpa!"

Yes, indeed, it is!!

The boys spent the previous night with us and ran errands with us in the morning.  After a VERY brief nap in the car after lunch, we arrived at our destination.  They were totally unimpressed. Ha!  Nah, they were just super tired.  They worked out their grumpies by running around and gettin' dirty.

Grandpa providing a lift...


Levi refusing to look at the camera...


Helping set the scene...

Liam getting ready while Levi went looking for another pumpkin...


Levi still didn't want to look at the camera...


He decided to look after Liam got bored with the whole thing...


Running, running, running far ahead...



Picking up their own treasures...




Levi didn't want to carry his...


Classic Liam...



There's that precious face...


Liam very concerned that something was broken...



Happy Fall, Y'All!!!
 




8 comments:

  1. Love it! Your entered in the give a way! Thanks so much for sharing this Fabulous post! I am hoping to post one of our Pumpkin patch adventure! Thanks again for sharing yours. You blessed me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I hadn't read your post that announced the giveaway. Don't we all love a giveaway? I do! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Good morning! What darling little grandsons! Yes, grandma's have LOTS of privileges don't we? lol. I think a tradition is a GOOD thing. My grandkids and I have a few. Some that involve all of them, and some that are unique to each one individually. Haven't done a pumpkin patch run this year...your post put me in the mood. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! I bet your grandkids would love a trip to the pumpkin patch with you :-)

      Delete
  3. My goodness, Joanne, they are some handsome little fellows! I love that you have started a tradition with Liam and Levi. It is such a good thing for building memories and relationships!
    They obviously had a great time...their faces say it all! (I am thinking that Grandpa and Grandma had a great time too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been very influential in my understanding of making memories through simple traditions, so thank you! Grandma and Grandpa did have a wonderful time, too!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment about my autumn garden. When our grands were younger, a trip to the pumpkin patch was something we did too. The best year was when I couldn't find my way out of the maze, which really was a hard one. They had a good laugh about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't attempted the maze yet with the twins but when we do, Grandpa will definitely take the lead on that. I have a terrible sense of direction and panic when I get lost. It is good that you can laugh about it!!

      Delete