Friday, March 29, 2013

Book Review 2013... #7 No Permanent City


How this book came to me:  I bought it at Ollie's.  For $2.99, I couldn't resist!

Nutshell Synopsis:  No Permanent City is a collection of short historical stories about the Anabaptists (Mennonite, Amish) in history.

Quotes from the book:  There are no real quotes to share from this book since everything is in context of a story.

More Info: Most of the stories in this book are very interesting.  Since my mother's family is/was Mennonite, I find most things of this nature interesting.

Reading Level:  I found it to be an easy read.  The stories are no more than 5 pages long at the most so it made for perfect bedtime reading... Just long enough to settle myself in but not too long to keep me awake for very long.

Re-readability:  Hard to say.  I rarely re-read books unless they are gripping or challenge my thinking.  So even though I enjoyed reading it, I doubt I will.  So if any of my friends would like to borrow it, you may!

Lasting Impressions:  Interesting.  Enjoyable. Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment